In lieu of watching Chosen, here’s a great GIFset of Buffy empowering her loved ones.
Because goodbyes are hard, and the sheer unpredictability of the future makes me want to curl up into a ball sometimes. The past two years have been incredible, draining, like the trials of Hercules combined with riding an emotional rollercoaster. The past summer itself has been a concentrated explosion of drama and experience, but the ropy bonds of friendship have held ever tighter. It’s a stomach-churning stressathon to gamble with your fate at university, but it’s also a divine relief to know that you have your very own Scooby Gang. They’re a key ingredient to my survival. So to the people who may wave their hands in farewell soon, I only say au revoir, because we will meet again. My intentions are for your continued endeavor to find happiness.
This speech reduced me to helpless tears. Sarah Michelle Gellar plays with your very soul, empowers it and rallies it for war.
Top 6 Monologues from Buffy the Vampire Slayer
↳ 1/6 "I’m beyond tired. I’m beyond scared."
File under: Things to experience if I ever encounter hippogriffs.
SIA | Fire Meet Gasoline
Haha thanks! I kinda knew that from
the Norse mythos, I was just wondering how they’ll be portrayed within the context of the comics. Can every god make their own “Valkyrie”? If Lucifer can make demons, can Sakhmet make cubs, etc. :)
The Golden Trio reunites!
This’ll probably be a LONG LIST of all things glorious about the new issue. Sorry not sorry!
• The parallel descents of Lucifer and Laura: we see Ms. Rigby proclaimed by the thousand eyes and voices of Ananke, reborn as the Fallen Angel. Feathers were such a nice touch I could cry. Laura’s descent into the Morrigan’s secret gig feels like a metaphor for her further entanglement in the Recurrence gods’ madness.
• Is it just me or was Laura’s white polo shirt when visiting Luci an attempt to connect with her? Quasi-adoration cosplay? Luci’s flirty quips and the touch through the gap was awww.
• Woden’s Valkyries; god-puppets? Extra special groupies? What happens if Laura succeeds and becomes Luci’s demon? How will it change her?
• Laura really reminded me of Katniss with her ‘friendless’ comment. The innate resourcefulness, gritty determination and stubborn independence. Love our main gal so much.
• Something tells me that her annoyance with Tara is more than a rejected autograph/selfie-request. The Buffy reference though, endless feels.
• [SPOILERS AHEAD] Baphomet, oh dear lord. Two possibilities here and I’m clinging to the first because of denial: either that was a realistic-looking prop and Baph was just being dramatic as pop gods do, fitting his fiery entrance. OR. The Morrigan is actually dead, the skull in her icon suggesting that she has been dead since January 1st. Wouldn’t that knowledge have reached the rest of the pantheon or the media (Cassandra sending Laura therefore doesn’t make sense)? But then again she is described as a very underground, shady pop star. Maybe only Ananke knew and didn’t tell? Did no one know all this time? But the Celtic goddess of death can’t die so easily! That’s just way too ironic and I doth protest, she looks so cool. SHE CAN’T DIE SO EARLY. That’s so Game of Thrones! Look at me, already attached to a god I never knew properly. A taste of what’s to come? *shudders in fear*
• It also introduces the concept of the gods killing each other. Warfare on the horizon?
• All in all, it’s brilliant in subtle and plotsy ways. Manages to top the first issue. Still hungry for MOAR.
~ Also we actually have one unnamed god left.
~ Meta moments: Laura looking up Ananke online, that was me looking up the more obscure gods. Also, Luci shading the Daily Mail. Priceless.
You ship it too? AWESOME. (also I've deduced from the position she was sitting in that Luci probably spent at least a few minutes watching Laura sleep.)
I saw your post and then I smacked myself for not seeing it before. That is totally headcanon to me. Of course Luci is fascinated by this girl who was last-to-fall and first-to-wake, but I wonder what “deal” Laura has gotten herself into…
Say you’re happy now, once more with feeling.
"sexuality is a choice"
"women wouldn’t get raped if they didn’t wear revealing clothes"
"there are only two genders"
"i’m not trying to be sexist/racist, but.."
"a/bi/pansexuality isn’t real"
"gay people shouldn’t have children"
"i don’t want to be friends with a gay person, they could hit on me"
"you can’t identify with the gender you want to be, only the one you were born with"